If you want to export one or multiple contacts go to 'Lists & Contacts' > 'Contact export'. In the overview you can find all executed manual exports and the button “+” and “Create new contact export” buttons on the right side. Before you start a new export, create a contact filter for the export.
- Click the button “Create new contact export”
- You are no in step one out of two of the workflow. The export will only start once you have completed the workflow.
- Select the base for the export.
- Create a name for the export, think of the naming convention.
- Select the right contact filter.
- Select the fields you need of these contacts, think of crm id, email address, account name, first and last name, etc.
- Select the response information, for example all bounced contacts of a campaign.
- Click the button "continue".
Step 2: file format
Here you can adjust the formatting of the export file.
- Character set: the character encoding for the export can be set here, the default value is "ISO-8859-1" which is optimized for Excel.
- Data field separator: semicolon, TAB or spaces are available. The separator defines when a new data field begins (eg "Max; Mustermann; Max.Mustermann@maileon.nl). We recommend using TAB or spaces, as it often happens that semicolons appear in the actual address data. The data records are then separated in the wrong places.
- Decimal places : specifies how many digits are displayed after the decimal point in decimal numbers. The choices are 0 to 4.
- Contact preview shows you an overview how the contacts are displayed in the export file.
- Click on "Export contacts".
You will find yourself in the “Contact export overview” menu, where your previous exports are displayed. By clicking on the name of the contact export, you can now download the CSV file, packed in a ZIP archive.